Thursday, June 23, 2005

Hi!

Hi!

I'm Mr. Word! For a few years now, I've run a word-of-the-day email list, and as of today, I'm opening it up to the world! It's not an insider's club anymore, so feel free to check in and share my love of the language!

For those of you that don't know, my passion for words started when I was a young man. I was injured in the Korean War, but due to where I was stationed, evacuation wasn't an immediate option. For just over three months, I was confined to a cot, with only a Webster's Dictionary to keep me sane! What began as a way to pass time flourished into a full fledged addiction to words. I started to memorize the dictionary, and made it all the way to Tennantite (a mineral named after Smithson Tennant, a tragic chemist who would ultimately meet his end by accidentally driving his horse off of an opened draw-bridge) before I was shipped home.

Ever since, words have been my focus. I was introduced to the internet by a neighbor who suggested that instead of just talking to her about words, I could share my excitement with the world.

So, here we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home